Yachting can be an exciting adventure for the whole family, providing unforgettable experiences and quality bonding time on the open waters. However, when planning a yachting trip with kids, it’s essential to take certain precautions and make necessary preparations to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone involved. In this article from Vital Force Yachting, we will share some of the essential tips for family-friendly yachting. Keep reading to learn more.
Before embarking on a family yachting trip, it’s crucial to make sure you’ve packed all of the essentials. When it comes to yachting with kids, we recommend you follow these tips to ensure a happy and enjoyable experience for all.
- Pack Plenty of Sunscreen: When going yachting with kids, it’s crucial to protect their delicate skin from the sun’s harmful rays. Pack plenty of sunscreen with a high SPF rating to ensure you have enough for the duration of your trip. Look for a broad-spectrum sunscreen that offers protection against both UVA and UVB rays. Apply sunscreen liberally to exposed areas of the body, including the face, neck, arms, and legs, and remember to reapply throughout the day, especially after swimming or sweating.
- Don’t Forget the First Aid Kit: Accidents can happen, even on a family yachting trip, so it’s vital to have a well-stocked first aid kit on board. Include basic medical supplies such as band-aids, antiseptic wipes, gauze pads, adhesive tape, and tweezers for any minor injuries that may occur. Additionally, pack any necessary medications that your family members may require, as well as motion sickness remedies, insect repellent, and any specific items for managing allergies or pre-existing medical conditions.
- Bring Plenty of Entertainment Options: While the open waters offer a unique and exciting experience, it’s important to have entertainment options on hand to keep your kids engaged and entertained throughout the trip. Pack their favorite books, small games, coloring books, and toys that are suitable for a yachting environment.
When it comes to bringing children on board, it’s essential to put safety first. Children can have an exceptional time yachting with their family, but it’s important to ensure they are kept safe for the trip.
- Choose a Yacht Equipped With Child Safety Features: When selecting a yacht for your family yachting trip, look for one that offers child safety features. These features may include child safety nets, on-deck gates, and enclosed spaces. Child safety nets provide a barrier between the deck and the water, preventing children from accidentally falling overboard. On-deck gates can restrict access to certain areas of the yacht, ensuring that children stay safe in designated spaces. Enclosed spaces provide a secure environment for children to play and rest comfortably while on board.
- Teach Your Children Basic Safety Procedures: Before embarking on your yachting adventure, take the time to teach your children basic safety procedures and emergency protocols. Ensure they know how to respond to situations such as man overboard or fire. Teach them the importance of wearing life jackets and how to properly put them on. Explain the significance of staying within designated areas of the yacht and following safety rules at all times. By educating your children about safety procedures, they will feel more confident and prepared, making the yachting experience safer for everyone.
- Ensure You Have Small Life Vests: Life vests are crucial for the safety of both adults and children while yachting. Make sure to have appropriately sized life vests for your children. Small and properly fitting life vests are essential to ensure their safety in case of an emergency. Check that the life vests are in good condition and in compliance with safety regulations. Insist that all adults and children wear their life vests whenever they are near the water or traveling on the yacht. By prioritizing the use of life vests, you can significantly reduce the risk of accidents and ensure the safety of your children on board.
By providing ample activity options, you can ensure a fun-filled and memorable yachting experience for everyone.
- Wildlife Spotting: Encourage your children to be on the lookout for marine wildlife while yachting. Help them identify birds, dolphins, turtles, and other sea creatures they may encounter. Bring a guidebook or use mobile apps that can provide information about the different species. It can be a fun and educational experience for children to learn about marine life and their habitats.
- Beach Explorations: If possible, plan stops at family-friendly beaches along your yachting route. Let your kids build sandcastles, collect seashells, or simply enjoy playing in the sand. Some beaches may offer additional activities such as beach volleyball, beach soccer, or beachside playgrounds for even more fun.
- Bring Water-Friendly Toys: Consider bringing water-friendly toys such as inflatable floaties, snorkeling gear, or water sports equipment to make the most of your time in the water.
- Water Sports: If your children are more adventurous, consider engaging in water sports such as paddleboarding, kayaking, or tubing. Many yachts offer water sports equipment that you can use during your trip. Ensure that your children are wearing life jackets and provide proper instruction and supervision during these activities.
Yacht With Vital Force Yachting
Embarking on a yachting adventure with your children can create unforgettable memories and strengthen family bonds. If you’re ready to embark on your family yachting journey, consider signing up for a yachting membership with Vital Force Yachting in NY and NJ. With our extensive fleet and exceptional service, we offer the perfect platform to make your yachting dreams a reality. Don’t wait, start your yachting adventure today and create memories that will last a lifetime.